Franz Ferdinand debuted two previously unheard tracks amongst four new songs during their headline set at Poland’s Open’er Festival yesterday.
NME reported that, after opening with Scarlet Blue, the Scottish band then played the first of their unheard tracks – Scarlet Blue – which they described as “an upbeat, synth-heavy belter that immediately got the crowd dancing.”
Later in the set, they also performed previously-aired new tune Trees and Animals and Right Thoughts, as well as another completely new track that saw the band in high spirits.
Amongst the other tracks played to a ‘heaving crowd’ were Franz’s hits such as Take Me Out, Walk Away, and Michael. The band also ventured down to the mosh pit to greet fans after playing their final track of the night – an extended encore of This Fire.
Watch a video of Franz Ferdinand playing one of their new songs – Right Thoughts – earlier this year:
- Franz Ferdinand – The Metro Theatre, Sydney 15/11/13
- Franz Ferdinand – The Forum, Melbourne 14/11/13
- Music Feeds LIVE: Franz Ferdinand Streaming This Wednesday
- Austin City Limits Cancels Final Day Following “Storm To End All Storms”
- Franz Ferdinand Announce Harvest 2013 Replacement Shows
- Franz Ferdinand Give Camp Horror The ‘Evil Eye’ In New Video