Yep, we don’t blame you if you’ve just raised your eyebrows, opened your mouth or dropped your drink. Kanye West reckons he’s NOT the hottest property in the rap/hip-hop game at the moment.
As Consequence Of Sound reports, the normally cocky-as rapper – who likened himself to Steve Jobs, Walt Disney and Picaso on stage in Paris last week – dropped in to American radio station Hot 97 to chat about coming 7th on the MTV ‘Hottest MC’s In The Game’ list (the top 5 are still be revealed).
And, while he was discussing that, he bestowed the honour of the best rapper of the world to counterpart Lil’ Wayne, and also gave some props to Jay-Z and Eminem.
“Lil Wayne is the #1 rapper in the world… Him and Jay and Em are the greatest rappers of all time,” he told presenter DJ Enuff.
And when it came to discussing his placing on the list, the Gold Digger singer seemed to think it was a pretty fair call by MTV and could see the reasoning behind their rankings.
“I feel like in order for them to put me at #7, they had to bring up things they didn’t like — like the Cruel Summer album.”
“They don’t like Givenchy Kanye, they don’t like Kanye in a kilt, they don’t like Kanye in a relationship.”
- Kanye West Is Teaching Fashion Classes Now
- Watch Kanye West Unleash On The Media In Brisbane
- Watch Dr. Karl Get Down At A Kanye West Concert
- Watch Lorde Cover Bon Iver And Kanye West
- Kanye Stops Show After Wheelchair-Bound Punters Don’t Stand Up
- Kanye West Reportedly Rushed To Melbourne Hospital