Kimbra is quickly becoming a sought-after collaborator, recently sharing photos of herself in the studio with The Mars Volta‘s Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and now featuring in a short film chronicling her stage time with Silverchair frontman Daniel Johns and famed composer Van Dyke Parks.
Narrated by the lady herself, the short documentary details Kimbra’s appearance at the 2013 Adelaide Festival with personal hero Johns, and Parks, a respected composer who’s worked with The Beach Boys, Joanna Newsom, Ry Cooder, and Silverchair.
Johns had previously worked with Parks on Silverchair’s massive 2002 album Diorama, with the three performing songs from that record, as well as tracks from Parks’ universally acclaimed, though notoriously commercially unsuccessful, 1967 album Song Cycle.
Readers can check out the film, shot by photographer Thomas Kerr, below.
Watch: An Evening With Van Dyke Parks
- Kimbra Announces New Australian Tour Dates
- Review: Kimbra – The Golden Echo
- Kimbra Streams Catchy New Single ‘Miracle’
- Kimbra: “This Is My Time To Make A Statement”
- Kimbra Focusing On Aus Tour Without Janelle Monae
- Kimbra Reveals ‘The Golden Echo’ Tracklist, Streams Two New Tracks