Well if youâve been living under a rock this week youâll have missed the announcement that LCD Soundsystem are calling it quits.
The bands website confirms April 2 will be the âfinal, definitive and ultimate LCD live showâ. While Australian audiences will miss out as the Soundsystem has booked out New York Cityâs Madison Square Garden.
Billed as LCD Soundsystem: The Long Goodbye â the three hour farewell performance will be the lengthiest, and all-career encompassing, set the band has ever played.
Itâs hard to believe itâs been eight years since the bandsâ break through track Losing My Edge was released in 2002.
As fitting with the theme of âgoodbyeâ and the insinuation of a final performance (similar to that of a wake after a funeral) the members of LCD Soundsystem will be observing a black and white clothing only dress code for the Long Goodbye and are asking the audience members to observe the same sartorial decisions.
Tickets on sale Feb 11.
Picture Credit – By Jose
- Aussies Among Most Expensive Record Store Day Resales
- James Murphy Talks New Music And LCD Soundsystem Live Album
- James Murphy Wants To Bring A Musical Revolution To NYC Subway
- Arcade Fire’s Will Butler Expected James Murphy To Be “Hipster Douchebag”
- Aracde Fire Will Be “Shocked” If James Murphy Doesn’t Reform LCD Soundsystem