Well if youâ€™ve been living under a rock this week youâ€™ll have missed the announcement that LCD Soundsystem are calling it quits.
The bands website confirms April 2 will be the â€˜final, definitive and ultimate LCD live showâ€™. While Australian audiences will miss out as the Soundsystem has booked out New York Cityâ€™s Madison Square Garden.
Billed as LCD Soundsystem: The Long Goodbye â€“ the three hour farewell performance will be the lengthiest, and all-career encompassing, set the band has ever played.
Itâ€™s hard to believe itâ€™s been eight years since the bandsâ€™ break through track Losing My Edge was released in 2002.
As fitting with the theme of â€˜goodbyeâ€™ and the insinuation of a final performance (similar to that of a wake after a funeral) the members of LCD Soundsystem will be observing a black and white clothing only dress code for the Long Goodbye and are asking the audience members to observe the same sartorial decisions.
Tickets on sale Feb 11.
Picture Credit – By Jose
- Aussies Among Most Expensive Record Store Day Resales
- James Murphy Talks New Music And LCD Soundsystem Live Album
- James Murphy Wants To Bring A Musical Revolution To NYC Subway
- Arcade Fire’s Will Butler Expected James Murphy To Be “Hipster Douchebag”
- Aracde Fire Will Be “Shocked” If James Murphy Doesn’t Reform LCD Soundsystem