LCD Soundsystem‘s James Murphy has revealed the band might reform to do some recording for a film soundtrack.
The band broke up in February last year, and they are preparing to release a concert film titled Shut Up and Play the Hits on July 18 – which features their last ever concert at New York’s Madison Square Garden.
Murphy declined to name the director or the film, but said the project is something everyone in the band “seems to want to do”.
Murphy – who was the punk/dance band’s lead singer/songwriter – said he always feels some sort of connection to the band.
“That band was me. Even if I go make a record and it says James Murphy, it’s still me. There’s a line through that stuff that I don’t feel like it’s in my past,” he said.
- #LCD Soundsystem
- James Murphy Talks New Music And LCD Soundsystem Live Album
- James Murphy Wants To Bring A Musical Revolution To NYC Subway
- Arcade Fire’s Will Butler Expected James Murphy To Be “Hipster Douchebag”
- Aracde Fire Will Be “Shocked” If James Murphy Doesn’t Reform LCD Soundsystem
- James Murphy On New Arcade Fire Album: “It’s Going To Be A Really Great Record”