Liam Gallagher has taken the piss at Fuji Rock Festival in Naeba, Japan over the weekend, dedicating one song to his brother Noel Gallagher and another to his band the ‘High Flying Smurfs’.
According to NME, while onstage as part of his relatively new band Beady Eye, Liam took the opportunity to dedicate the Oasis song Rock ‘n’ Roll Star to Noel, who actually wrote the 1994 single. Liam also dedicated another Oasis track, Morning Glory, to Noel’s band that he mockingly referred to as the ‘High Flying Smurfs’.
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds headlined the following night at Fuji Rock Festival and performed two Oasis tracks Whatever and Don’t Look Back in Anger as part of a four-song encore. There are no reports on whether Noel responded with any choice dedications of his own.
When being previously asked at to whether he and brother Liam would ever appear at the same festival on the same night, Noel said it was a very unlikely prospect.
“I don’t think either camp would allow it. What happens if we’re on the same bill? People start asking if we’re reforming, that’s what. Or they’ll ask if we’re going to get on stage together and sing ‘Digsy’s fucking Dinner’,” Noel explained.
“I don’t need that and I doubt he does either. I’d rather avoid it all together, thank you.”
- Damon Albarn: “An Album With Noel Gallagher Is A Distinct Possibility”
- Liam Gallagher Says “Don’t Buy Into ‘Definitely Maybe’ Reissue”
- Big Day Out 2014 – Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne 24/01/14
- Watch Noel Gallagher Take The Piss Out Of Oasis Videos
- Beady Eye’s Chris Sharrock Talks Big Day Out And ‘BE’
- The Hives, Beady Eye, Deftones Big Day Out Sideshows Confirmed