Lily Allen is planning her return to music after a two-year hiatus. The UK singer has been reported to be working on her third album, which could be due for release in 2013.
Allen stated in 2009 that she had no plans to record after the success of her second album It’s Not Me, It’s You. Since then she’s started her own record label, married and gave birth to her daughter Ethel.
The Daily Star says a “music industry insider” revealed:
“She’s not at a stage where she can start recording but the new album is definitely underway and there’s a chance it could be released early next year.
Her life has changed so much since her last album and she now has a different perspective.”
Lily Allen was out in Australia on the Big Day Out 2010 lineup, as well as playing her own sideshows. She began her hiatus after playing the Big Chill Festival in August 2010.
- Lily Allen Tells Feminist Critics To “F-ck Off”
- Lily Allen’s New Album Will Be Titled ‘Sheezus’
- Lily Allen’s ‘Air Balloon’ Cops MIA Rip-Off Backlash
- Lily Allen Passed Up Bitcoin Millions
- Lily Allen: ‘Pop Is Full Of F-cking Botoxed Idiots’