Black Rebel Motorcycle Club have released a new track that goes by the title of Let The Day Begin, a cover of a song with a strong personal connection to the band. As reported by Anti-Quiet, the new song is the lead single from the band’s 7th studio album A Specter At The Feast, due out in March.
Let The Day Begin was premiered last night on Los Angeles radio station KROQ. As noted on KROQ’s website, the new single is a cover of former underground American new-wave band The Call. BRMC multi-instrumentalist Robert Been’s father Michael Been was the vocalist and guitarist of The Call, and Michael sadly passed away while working as BRMC’s sound engineer during the band’s 2010 European tour.
In other upcoming BRMC news, the band is set to open up for Dave Grohl’s Sound City Players on January 31 for a sold-out show at The Palladium in LA. In the meantime, while you’re waiting for Australian tour dates, you can check out the tracklist for the upcoming album and the stream of the new song below.
Listen: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Let The Day Begin
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – A Specter At The Feast – Tracklist
1. Fire Walker
2. Let The Day Begin
5. Hate The Taste
7. Teenage Disease
8. Some Kind of Ghost
9. Sometimes The Light
10. Funny Games
11. Sell It
12. Lose Yourself
- #Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Palace Theatre, Melbourne 15/11/13
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club Announce Harvest 2013 Replacement Shows
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club Say Harvest 2013 Cancelled
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Specter at the Feast
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club Announce Forthcoming Album ‘Specter At The Feast’