After making news headlines all around the world this week, the infamous “guy that fell from scaffolding at Creamfields” aka Hektor Wrótniak has spoken again to Nova 96.9 about what possessed him to make the 20m climb and ultimately fall to his new international stardom fate.
Nova’s Fitzy and Wippa spoke to him this morning, asking him the obvious question: “what was going through your brain when you were climbing that scaffolding Hector?” his reply, “When you’re fist pumping your life away, you’re just enjoying it so much, you want to release every last fist pump inside of you…you just hear the music like that it’s mad.”
He even says he got footage of it, which he’ll “release on Youtubes and that”, which I’m sure everyone will be eager to see, if it does ever emerge. He says the secret to his survival was God’s love and the fact that he “hasn’t had a hot shower in six years,” and eats “a lot of cauliflower and Brussel sprouts”. He’s built tough.
Channel 9 also managed to track him down on Monday (he sounded a little more shaken too), when he said:
“Thank god…Thank the lord…I lost my balance and then I was just hoping to maybe grab something…I think it was a very good example of what not to do at a music festival.”
You can listen to this entire gem of an interview over on the Nova 96.9 website.
- Watch: Creamfields Scaffolding Guy Speaks About Fall
- Man Falls 20 Metres From Stage Scaffolding At Creamfields Sydney
- 200 People Arrested At Creamfields Melbourne
- Guvera Comp: Win Tickets to Creamfields 2012
- Creamfields 2012 Timetables – Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Gold Coast
- Creamfields 2012 Line-up, Tickets and Dates