The moment has finally come, just in time to pump on your Friday afternoon – Northlane’s Singularity is available for streaming in its entirety and hits physical and digital shelves today, so once you get a cheeky bump you can have the whole bag to yourself.
The dudes bring to the table their own take on the metalcore vibe and deliver a much-needed shot in the arm to the genre, which has been bloated with mediocrity of late. Fortunately for us and the band, the album is easily worthy of the hype and the effort put into its announcement. At times, Singularity draws parallels to the Bring Me The Horizon sound…which begs the question, “Why isn’t Bring Me’s new album this good?”
So far Northlane have been earmarked to follow in the footsteps of Prom Queen, Amity and Parkway. Given the standard put in place by the sophomore albums released by those bands – which, when you think about it, is pretty damn high – I’d say Northlane are well on track to rise up to the challenge.
Not long from now the band will be heading out on tour in support of the release, and given the amount of preparation put into just the tour and album announcements, we know the shows are going to be massive.
Listen: Northlane – Singularity
- Triple J Announce Final J Award ‘Album Of The Year’ Nominees
- Big Day Out 2014 Lineup Lands Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire & Blur
- Northlane Announce ‘Springularity’ Tour Dates, September 2013
- Karnivool Announce New Album ‘Asymmetry’ & August National Tour With Northlane
- Live It Up Festival Release Timetable Info