During her short tenure at the peak of the pop music pantheon — one that’s looking increasingly liable to extend into a lifelong residency — Lorde has had her share of collaborative propositions, which reportedly includes an immediately rejected proposal from EDM star David Guetta.
According to a new profile by FasterLouder, in the midst of meeting Kanye West, Chloe Moretz and being remixed by Rick Ross, Lorde was propositioned by the French DJ-producer, who has acts such as Rihanna and Black Eyed Peas queuing to work with him.
The 16-year-old’s manager, Scott Maclachlan, reportedly informed Lorde that the chart-topping producer wished to work with her, to which the singer-songwriter replied, rather tersely, “No. Fuck no. He’s so gross.”
The anecdote is made all the more extraordinary by the fact that the offer was made before Lorde’s flagship single, Royals, was a hit overseas, though well after Guetta had established himself as a star-making producer at the top of everyone’s list of dream collaborators.
Gallery: Lorde – Metro Theatre, Sydney 17/10/2013Swipe/tap ← or →
(Photos by Zoltan Blazer)
- Lorde Begins Work On Her New Album With Joel Little Next Month
- Watch 40 Triple J Favourites Try To Write The Ultimate Hottest 100 Song
- Lorde, Trent Reznor Up For 2015 Golden Globe Awards
- Lorde Shares Unreleased ‘Pure Heroine’ Track
- Iggy Azalea & Lorde Battle It Out On ‘South Park’
- Iggy Azalea Beats Eminem, Drake At American Music Awards