During her short tenure at the peak of the pop music pantheon — one that’s looking increasingly liable to extend into a lifelong residency — Lorde has had her share of collaborative propositions, which reportedly includes an immediately rejected proposal from EDM star David Guetta.
According to a new profile by FasterLouder, in the midst of meeting Kanye West, Chloe Moretz and being remixed by Rick Ross, Lorde was propositioned by the French DJ-producer, who has acts such as Rihanna and Black Eyed Peas queuing to work with him.
The 16-year-old’s manager, Scott Maclachlan, reportedly informed Lorde that the chart-topping producer wished to work with her, to which the singer-songwriter replied, rather tersely, “No. Fuck no. He’s so gross.”
The anecdote is made all the more extraordinary by the fact that the offer was made before Lorde’s flagship single, Royals, was a hit overseas, though well after Guetta had established himself as a star-making producer at the top of everyone’s list of dream collaborators.
Gallery: Lorde – Metro Theatre, Sydney 17/10/2013
(Photos by Zoltan Blazer)
- Is The World Ready For A Kanye West / Lorde Collaboration?
- Watch Lorde Cover Bon Iver And Kanye West
- MTV VMAs 2014 Wrap: It Was Pretty Much All About Beyoncé
- ZZ Top Guitarist And David Guetta Record Album’s Worth Of Material
- Listen To Leaked Tracks From Lorde’s High School Band
- Lorde’s ‘Tennis Court’ Video Without Music Is Terrifying