According to concert promoters Goldenvoice, Lou Reed has cancelled his performances at Coachella 2013 in addition to 3 other US tour dates due to “unavoidable complications”.
Reed was scheduled to play at both Coachella weekends on 12th April and 19th April.
Although Reed fans will undoubtedly be disappointed, Coachella may have a replacement to help festival goers shake off the blues. Once again rumours are in full swing that Daft Punk will headline Coachella 2013, with the duo’s Vevo profile displaying a tour date of Friday, 12th April along with the location of Coachella.
In other Reed news, NME reports that the celebrated songwriter recently made a surprise appearance at listening session of his 1972 solo album Transformer. The playback party took place at a bar in New York on 4th March where fans were shocked to see the man himself among them.
- Lana Del Rey: “I Wish I Was Dead Already”
- Lou Reed Brooklyn Tribute Show Lineup Revealed
- Lou Reed’s Final Interview Surfaces Online
- Lars Ulrich: ‘I Think “Lulu” Is Going To Age Well’
- Tom & Alex Take A ‘Walk On The Pyne Side’ After Lou Reed Gaffe
- Lou Bega Mistakenly Receives “Tons Of Condolences” After Lou Reed’s Death