Muse frontman Matt Bellamy and drummer Dom Howard have hinted at the schedule for their next studio album whilst on tour with their current record The 2nd Law. The pair stopped by triple j and told The Doctor that they’ve already started work on its follow-up and expect to release it sometime in 2015.
“I’ve written some good tracks, actually” Bellamy said. “We haven’t had a chance to rehearse them out yet. We’ll take a break next year for a little few months and then we’ll get in the studio. If it all goes very well, the new album could well be early 2015 or late 2015. Christmas 2014 might be our next single.”
It’s not the first hint the Muse frontman has revealed about the band’s imminent seventh studio release. Earlier this year Bellamy told fans to expect “a rawer album” than Muse’s last two offerings which were heavily electronic-driven.
“I kind of feel like on this next album, we’re going to veer back towards musicianship again and focusing on our own instruments: guitar, bass and drums,” said Bellamy to Radio.com. “It’s probably going to be a bit of a rawer album, and definitely a bit more rock, I’d say.”
Muse wrapped their Australian tour with Birds Of Tokyo last week, but the band reassured fans they’d come back and “play some festivals in 2015″. Bellamy also admitted he and partner Kate Hudson own a couple of kittens named after another Hollywood power couple. “Kim and Kanye – we thought they were the best names we could think of. They kind of look similar to them as well.”
(Via triple j)
- Watch L-FRESH The LION Cover ‘The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air’ On ‘Like A Version’
- Triple J Won’t Play Bliss N Eso Until You Say So
- Matt & Alex Unearth Their Own Embarrassing High School Songs
- Watch Little Dragon Cover Kelis & André 3000 On ‘Like A Version’
- Japanese Wallpaper Is Triple J’s Unearthed High Winner For 2014
- Watch Kasabian Mash Up ‘Sesame Street’ With The Beach Boys On ‘Like A Version’