Australian fans of seminal shoegaze outfit My Bloody Valentine, who have spent probably a solid chunk of their lives waiting for them to tour, can finally exhale. The band have just announced 3 headline shows to go along with their I’ll Be Your Mirror slot.
Few bands have left such immeasurable imprints on music as My Bloody Valentine have. Releasing the seminal Loveless back in 1992, the band gigged hard then absolutely vanished off the face of the earth, adding further to the charm and the mystery behind it, and its members.
MBV returned many years later in 2008, when they could be seen performing live. Finally, after 21 years, ‘Australia’ has been brought up in touring talks and been given the thumbs up.
My Bloody Valentine will be touring throughout Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne this coming Feb, with founding members Kevin Shields and Colm Ó Cíosóig, along with Belinda Butcher and Debbie Googe.
Monday, 18th Feb
Enmore Theatre, Sydney
Wednesday, 20th Feb
Tivoli Theatre, Brisbane
Friday, 22 Feb
Palace Theatre, Melbourne
Tickets on sale Thursday, 18TH October 12PM
*Also playing I’ll Be Your Mirror Saturday February 16th
- My Bloody Valentine Frontman Claims They Were “Banned” From Mercury Prize List
- My Bloody Valentine – m b v
- My Bloody Valentine Drop New Album ‘MBV’
- My Bloody Valentine’s New Album “Might Be Out In Two Or Three Days” – UPDATED With Footage
- My Bloody Valentine New Album Nearly Finished