Hmm… It looks as though Australia’s metal community are plotting something. Over the long weekend (so far) several high-profile Australian metal acts have posted a link to a mysterious website functioning – at this point - as only a countdown.
So far, acts including The Bride, The Amity Affliction, Bured In Verona, Hand Of Mercy, Deez Nuts, Northlane, D At Sea have all posted the word ‘Singularity’. The posts all contain a link to the website which sends you straight to a timer counting down. At this point there are 24 days left.
Many are of the persuasion that the news is teasing some sort of album, though considering the fact that many of the links were shared from UNFD’s Facebook profile – and all the bands who have shared it are signed to that record label – we are willing to put our money on some sort of UNFD festival.
On top of that, our IT guy (and the only guy I’ve met personally who could outsmart Batman) Tobes, just noticed that the Singularity domain name is registered to UNFD as well.
Chances are this will be a big announcement, so don’t expect any leaks. We will have to wait until 12:00am on the 21st Feb. But I’d say get keen for a festival announcement! Boo-yah!
Update 01/02/13: Want to know about Singularity 2013? You soon will! Check the latest news.
- Hear Northlane’s New Song ‘Rot’ With New Vocalist Marcus Bridge
- How Does Northlane’s New Vocalist Stack Up On New Single ‘Rot’?
- Northlane May Have Given Away The Identity Of Their New Vocalist
- Northlane Have Found Their New Frontman, And It’s One Of These Guys
- Northlane Share Audition Videos Of Shortlisted Vocalist Candidates
- The UNIFY Gathering Lineup Is Here, And It’s Heavy As Fuck