Northlane are seriously killing it with the release of their forthcoming album, Singularity. Having kept us all guessing for a matter of weeks about what Singularity would actually be, the band have now tried something fresh with their tour announcements – essentially leaving it to the fans to help uncover the dates and venues.
The sheer level of planning that went into this one is worthy of applause. You may have noticed now that Northlane have started an event on Facebook but rather than just listing the dates like any ol’ tour announcement they have left a list of simple yet intriguing instructions, which read as follows:
1. Head to This Link.
2. You will see what is the tour poster, only a bunch of it is missing.
3. For every 200 people attending this event, we will add another puzzle piece to the poster.
4. There are 25 puzzle pieces, so once 5000 people are attending this event, the entire poster will be uncovered for everyone to see. It includes dates, supports, presenters and ticketing on sale date.
Queue the “I want to play a game…” bit from Saw… Now, this is where it gets exciting:
1. Invite all your friends to attend the event
2. Post the event on your wall
3. Share the link and information on any forums or other social networks you use (Twitter etc.)
In support of this venture, the band has posted a brand-spanker track, Scarab, from the upcoming Singularity, which you can listen to below the tour poster below.
Northlane clearly have their social networking on lock, as by the time the poster is complete, surely tens of thousands of people will now be totally aware of what’s going down. Well played, Northlane… Well played indeed.
At the time of publishing, this is what the poster looked like, so we can confirm that there will be some All Ages shows included in the tour.
Listen: Northlane – Scarab