Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl has revealed in a recent interview that the band’s next album has already been written, and looks slated for a 2014 release.
Speaking with XFM, Grohl said:
“Well, I’ll tell you, we have been in our studio writing and in the past few weeks we’ve written an album and we are going to make this album in a way that no-one’s ever done before and we’re pretty excited about it… It’s a little ways off – it’s not ready to happen right now – but I think next year is going to be a really big year for the Foo Fighters, without question.”
Although Grohl acquired the original analog sound desk from the now defunct Sound City Studios, his somewhat revolutionary rhetoric and obvious excitement suggests that the band might be returning to more modern music production techniques, or even attempting to harness some newly acquired hardware or software.
It has been quite a busy year for Grohl, working on Foo Fighters’ material whilst also producing a documentary (Sound City, about those very Sound City Studios and that very desk), as well as preparing the release of Nirvana‘s 20th Anniversary reissue of their 1993 album In Utero. With all this work, Grohl has definitely earned some time to himself, or perhaps some time to tour the new Foo Fighters material.
- Foo Fighter Nate Mendel Is Releasing A Solo Record, And It Sounds Great Already
- Watch Dave Grohl Write A “New Foo Fighters Song” With Help From A Chilean Audience
- This 2-Year-Old Drummer Is Better At Playing Foo Fighters Songs Than You Are
- Basically Everyone Played At Dave Grohl’s Birthday Gig
- Dave Grohl, Corey Taylor’s Supergroup Teenage Time Killer Secure Record Deal
- Fans To Lure Foo Fighters With 1000-Person ‘Learn To Fly’ Cover