There is current a lot of chatter online regarding a very recent New Found Glory performance – it appears the beloved Chad Gilbert has collapsed on stage after suffering an electric shock.
The band were at Chain Reaction where they were recording their first-ever live album. The band are yet to say anything on what went down but witnesses claim Gilbert suffered an electric shock due to poor wiring from his mic, leaving his bandmates to carry on with the show without him.
The show took place literally a matter of hours ago so not too much news has come through, though Gilbert is said to be OK after being brought backstage. More updates as they come.
Update: Chad Gilbert is now out of hospital and has tweeted of his recent experience.
Last nights incident!
While recording the NFG live album at the chain reaction last night I was shocked by the microphone. In between songs I grabbed the mic to speak and when I did it felt like I couldn’t let go. I was being shocked and it froze me in place and when I was able to release my hands off of the mic I collapsed. When I came to I had friends standing over me and it felt like I was asleep in one of those Sci Fi movies when they wake up after traveling for 3 years to fight an alien. My friends escorted me off the stage. I told the band to finish the set for the sake of the audio recording. At that point I still was in a daze. The ambulance came and picked me up and drove me to the nearest Emergency Room. After getting numerous tests off and on for about 12 hours from the friendly people at UC Irvine I was released. They checked my heart for most of that time to make sure the electrical current didn’t make my heart beat irregularly. Everything came back positive.
I am gonna play the show tonight but this time with a wireless to settle my paranoia of this happening again because man it hurt and sucked.
Thanks to all my friends and fans around the globe for the sweet messages!
Soooo @xchadballx just got electrocuted on stage at chain reaction from his mike shorting out shitty fucking venue LAWSUIT!!!!
— Clinton (@ItsClintonCraig) March 28, 2013
New Found Glory’s vocalist was just electrocuted by his mic while recording their live record.
— Benji Hansen (@HenjiBansen) March 28, 2013
— PureVolume (@PureVolume) March 28, 2013
Tonight & Tomorrow night at Chain Reaction! newfoundglory will be recording our first live record! So… instagram.com/p/XYSzzID67S/
— Chad Gilbert of NFG (@XChadballX) March 27, 2013
- New Found Glory, Bayside, The Wonder Years Sidewaves Announced
- We Spoke To The Aussie Guy Behind That Epic Pop-Punk Proposal
- Watch Sleeping With Sirens, New Found Glory, In Hearts Wake & More Help A “Pop-Punk Proposal”
- New Found Glory Accuse One Direction Of Stealing Their Riff
- New Details Emerge In Ex-New Found Glory Guitarist Online Underage Sex Case
- New Found Glory And Steve Klein’s Lawyer Comment On Sex Crime Charges