Tame Impala are gearing up to release their follow-up album from 2010′s Innerspeaker in mid 2012.
In an interview with Messandnoise, Drummer Jay Watson said the band were aiming to release their new album in “the middle of the year”:
It’s got lots of synths on it, but it’s got lots of everything on it. It’s got all the sort of stuff that was on the first one and a whole lot more…It’s Kevin’s baby, I really like the new Tame album … [It] has pretty unique sort of sounds.
Jay Watson will be releasing a new album with the Tame Impala side project, Pond, on March 2. The album is titled Beard Wives Denim and was recorded over two weeks in a farmhouse in Western Australia.
- LISTEN: Kendrick Lamar And Tame Impala – ‘Backwards’
- Tame Impala and Kendrick Lamar To Team Up On ‘Divergent’ Soundtrack
- Big Day Out 2014 – Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne 24/01/14
- Tame Impala’s New Album Makes ‘Lonerism’ Look Like “Amateur Hour”
- Pond, Tame Impala Members Drop Solo Singles Simultaneously