Tame Impala are gearing up to release their follow-up album from 2010’s Innerspeaker in mid 2012.
In an interview with Messandnoise, Drummer Jay Watson said the band were aiming to release their new album in “the middle of the year”:
It’s got lots of synths on it, but it’s got lots of everything on it. It’s got all the sort of stuff that was on the first one and a whole lot more…It’s Kevin’s baby, I really like the new Tame album … [It] has pretty unique sort of sounds.
Jay Watson will be releasing a new album with the Tame Impala side project, Pond, on March 2. The album is titled Beard Wives Denim and was recorded over two weeks in a farmhouse in Western Australia.
- Boston Calling 2015 Lineup Reveals Strong Australian Contingent
- Drake, The Black Keys Headline New York’s Governors Ball 2015
- The Coachella 2015 Lineup Has Dropped, And It’s Topped By AC/DC
- Tame Impala Officially Announce New Album For 2015
- Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker Teams With Mark Ronson For Funky New Track ‘Daffodils’
- Listen To Kevin Parker Writing ‘Feels Like We Only Go Backwards’