Just when you thought the man had no soul (I mean, who hates Amity?) Noel Gallagher has expressed nothing but good things about David Bowie’s super awesome comeback, explaining to NME that this is how a proper comeback should go.
As Gallagher tells it, Bowie’s new material “blew his mind”, adding that “it’s great to hear his voice singing something new. The more you hear Where Are We Now? the better it gets. The video’s mad – like his fucking cat directed it.”
In comparison to other recent reunions, The Oasis founding member believes this one beats them all, mainly due to holding back on a tacky would tour: “What it proved to me is that reunions are fucking shite.” he says
“If you had turned on the news and it had said, ‘David Bowie is to do a fucking series of concerts next year’, everyone would have gone, ‘Oh great, can’t wait, that’s it, let’s talk about something else’. But we’re still talking about that song. New music and records rule, but reunions for gigs are shit, you know.”
Who knows, maybe this will inspire Gallagher to reunite Oasis in a similar way? Could be interesting… When’s his 66th birthday?
- Watch Prince And Nile Rodgers Jam On David Bowie’s ‘Let’s Dance’
- Watch Mick Jagger & David Bowie Dancing In The Street Without Music
- Sax Appeal: 12 Songs That Prove Saxophones Belong In Rock & Roll
- Damon Albarn: “An Album With Noel Gallagher Is A Distinct Possibility”
- Arctic Monkeys And David Bowie Clean Up At 2014 Brit Awards
- Watch Noel Gallagher Take The Piss Out Of Oasis Videos