Soundwave have ensured that Australia will still jave a hefty dose of metal to look forward to following the festival. The legendary Opeth have announced a run of tour dates throughout March.
When Opeth tours in Australia, they have a nasty habit of selling out every show they play. Given the relentless level of support behind the band, this time round is sure to be no different.
For more than 20 years now, Opeth have been deeper and deeper imprinting their name on metal. If there are any ‘rules’ or ‘benchmarks’ to be found within the genre, you can bet Opeth set them, and with each release, changes them.
The band have long been teasing fans with word of a new album slated for 2013, with Roadrunner Records posting a video with the description “Something’s coming…” and the date of spring 2013 in text. So some new jams should be on the cards.
Tickets on sale Thursday, 24th January @ 9am
Friday, 15th March
Enmore Theatre, Sydney – Lic A/A
Saturday, 16th March
The Tivoli, Brisbane – 18+
- Opeth Announce ‘Pale Communion’ Australian Tour
- Opeth: “It’s Impossible To Appreciate Us If You Only Listen To Death Metal”
- Opeth Nix Soundwave, Look To Early 2015 Australian Tour
- Opeth Frontman Reviews A One Direction Concert
- Listen To Opeth’s Long-Awaited New Song ‘Cusp Of Eternity’
- Opeth Frontman Slices Head Open On Mastodon’s Tour Bus