Another day, another Sound City Players update, but it’s hard to complain when the entity slowly taking shape in front of us is so damn awesome. Today it looks as though the lineup has been revealed in its full glory, with even more legendary artists added to the roster.
We can now confirm that Dave Grohl will be accompanied by fellow remaining Nirvana members Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear, Foo Fighters bandmates, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett (I bet no one ever imagined that they would see Nirvana and the Fooies perform together); John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival fame with the one and only Stevie Nicks; Them Crooked Vultures touring guitarist Alain Johannes as well as *takes breath* production visionary Chris Goss; Rick Nielsen, who you may recall as the Cheap Trick axe man; Fear lead singer Lee Ving; RATM’s man on the skins Brad Wilk; and last but not least The Wallflowers’ Rami Jaffee.
It’s safe to say that there has never been a lineup like this. The whole shebang will take place in conjunction with the Sundance Film Festival, Park City, Utah, according to Consequence of Sound.
Don’t stress if you’re going to miss the show, many of the aforementioned artists will appear on the Sound City soundtrack, set to hit shelves both physically and digitally on March 12.
- #Cheap Trick
- #Dave Grohl
- #Fleetwood Mac
- #Foo Fighters
- #Rage Against The Machine
- #Sound City Players
- Foo Fighters Play Surprise Gig At California Pizzeria
- Dave Grohl On New Foo Fighters Album: ‘We’re Doing It In A Way No One’s Done Before’
- Wolfmother, Foo Fighters Bookies Favourites To Replace Blur At BDO
- Dave Grohl Almost Didn’t Play Nirvana’s Iconic ‘MTV Unplugged’ Show
- Pixies Frontman To Kurt Cobain: “I’ll Agree With It, You Ripped Us Off”