The wait is over – a full preview of arguably the most star-studded compilation of recent times is now available for your listening pleasure.
Sound City – Real to Reel is the companion soundtrack to Dave Grohl‘s Sound City documentary, which was released at the end of January. The record is in stores locally this weekend, however, you can listen to it now (via NPR Music) by clicking here.
As Consequence Of Sound reports, the album picks up where the film left off, and contains 11 original collaborations between Grohl and the artists who have previously recorded at the Sound City Studios. Sir Paul McCartney, Corey Taylor, Stevie Nicks, Trent Renzor and Rick Springfield are just some of the famous musos who have lent their names to the compilation.
Sound City – Real to Reel Tracklist:
01. Dave Grohl, Peter Hayes, and Robert Levon Been – Heaven and All
02. Brad Wilk, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Tim Commerford – Time Slowing Down
03. Dave Grohl, Rami Jaffee, Stevie Nicks, and Taylor Hawkins – You Can’t Fix This
04. Dave Grohl, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear, Rick Springfield, and Taylor Hawkins – The Man That Never Was
04. Alain Johannes, Dave Grohl, Lee Ving, Pat Smear, and Taylor Hawkins – Your Wife Is Calling
06. Corey Taylor, Dave Grohl, Rick Nielsen, and Scott Reeder – From Can to Can’t
07. Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Joshua Homme – Centipede
08. Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Joshua Homme – A Trick With No Sleeve
09. Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, and Pat Smear – Cut Me Some Slack
10. Dave Grohl, Jessy Greene, Jim Keltner, and Rami Jaffee – Once Upon a Time… The End
11. Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, and Trent Reznor – Mantra