Image for Soundwave Ticketing Agent Says Festival Is Responsible For RefundsSoundwave 2015, Melbourne Showgrounds / Photo: Brett Schewitz

Soundwave Ticketing Agent Says Festival Is Responsible For Refunds

Written by Emmy Mack on December 17, 2015

UPDATE 18/12/15: Eventopia General Manager Martin Cunrow says AJ Maddah is in possession of the money owed to fans.

Punters who bought tickets to the now-cancelled Soundwave 2016 may have to wait to receive their refunds, as an ugly stoush between promoter AJ Maddah and the festival’s ticketing company continues to unfold.

Following news of the festival’s cancellation, Soundwave’s ticketing agent Eventopia emailed punters with an official statement, saying it is the festival’s responsibility to deliver refunds.

The statement reads, in part:

Throughout the onsale period, Eventopia complied with all of its obligations under its ticketing services agreement with the Soundwave Festival Promoter, Hounds of Hell Pty Ltd.

In line with our ticketing sales agreement, the Festival Promoter is responsible for all ticketing funds that were advanced, and is directly liable to all ticket purchasers for issuing customer refunds.

Customers should contact the Promoter of the Festival directly to request their ticket refund in full using the contact details supplied below.

Meanwhile, promoter AJ Maddah has pointed the finger right back at them, telling punters that refunds will be available “from point of purchase”.

“It may take a little time be patient an wait for [sic] contact from Eventopia” he said.

Before adding:

Either way, the whole thing doesn’t bode well for ticket-holders getting their money refunded any time soon.

Soundwave 2016 was officially cancelled tonight due to “poor ticket sales”, following a tumultuous week that saw international act L7 pull out of the festival, and other bands including international drawcard Bring Me The Horizon cast doubt on their previously-confirmed appearances at SW16.

It was also revealed that at least two of the the festival’s advertised venues have not yet confirmed any bookings for the January event.

Until today, festival boss Maddah was unable to confirm whether SW16 was going ahead at all, while at after he announced that there would be no festival from 2017 onwards.

We’ll bring you more information as it develops.

RELATED: Here’s How Much Money Soundwave 2015 Acts Are Owed

RELATED: The Truth Behind The Death Of Soundwave Festival

Join Music Feeds on Facebook

monitoring_string = "5ddc797c5ea15f4a20f5b456893873a5"