There is a very positive light for the Sydney music scene today, with news that the guys behind Melbourne’s Northcote Social Club and Corner Hotel will be expanding to Sydney, and as they describe it, “offer the same atmosphere that’s known and loved at our Melbourne venues”. The venue will be appropriately located in Newtown, and take the name of the “Newtown Social Club”.
A statement on the venue’s new Facebook page states that it will be a free entry venue with “friendly staff, great food, great drinks and all our favourite local, national and international tunes pumping through the place”. They’ve also mentioned that there will be a self-contained band room, which will no doubt host some of Sydney’s finest established and up-and-coming talent.
The venue’s address and opening date hasn’t been released, but we’re sure it’ll be somewhere nice. Until it opens, you can sign up for their mailing list to find out more info on its progress, and most importantly, what bands will be playing each weekend.
- Rumours Suggest Falling In Reverse Frontman Cancelled Tour, Fired Band And Took Money For Himself
- New Lana Del Rey Track ‘Queen Of Disaster’ Leaks
- Will Ferrell And Company Drop ‘Anchorman 2′ Trailer
- Stone Temple Pilots Tempt Lawsuit With Chester Bennington Vocals
- Romanthony, House Producer And Voice Of Daft Punk’s ‘One More Time’ Dies