The Drums guitarist Jacob Graham has revealed he’s been attending Quaker meetings and has been involved with the religious group for a year.
Quakers is a Christian movement which stresses ‘the doctrine of the priesthood of all believers’. Members are known as ‘Friends’, or popularly as ‘Quakers’. The movement began in mid-17th century England when travelling preachers broke away from the Church of England and set out to convert others to what they believed were the practices of the early Church.
I’ve been attending a Quaker meeting which is the religious society of friends. I’ve been doing that for a little over a year now. I’m still doing a lot of reading about it though having only been involved for a year. I’m open to reading all sorts of things.
He also spoke about the rumoured band breakup. When asked if there was any truth behind the rumours, Graham replied:
I think our band is kind of fragile and probably on the verge of breaking up pretty constantly and I say that seriously and jokingly at the same time.
- The Drums Announce 2014 Australian Tour
- The Drums Frontman Announces Solo Album
- Feist And Mastodon 7 Inch Cover Revealed
- Gonzalez Hits Back At Claims M83 Are “A Fundamentalist Cult”
- M83 Gives Teenage Mothers The Boot After Crazy Stage Antics
- Laneway 2012 Sydney – A Day In Review