The Killers have unveiled the music video for their latest single Shot At The Night, after teasing fans with everything from vague references to morse code to short trailers. To celebrate the release of their new greatest hits compilation, Direct Hits, Sin City’s best have released a very cinematic video for Shot At The Night, starring Australia’s own Bella Heathcote.
The band finally unveiled the single, produced by French shoegaze outfit M83‘s Anthony Gonzales, earlier this month. The track is reminiscent of M83’s own 2008 record, Saturdays = Youth, with a synth-heavy 80s ballad sound. Directed by Roboshobo a.k.a. Robert Schober, the band have matched the song with a very stylish video set in Las Vegas and starring Australian Bella Heathcote, of Neighbours and Dark Shadows fame, and The Social Network‘s Max Minghella.
“It’s always nice to see legitimate actors do something good for well below their pay scale,” joked drummer Ronnie Vannucci. The clip sees Heathcote playing a Las Vegas hotel maid, who’s whisked away from her humdrum job by Minghella for a night of fun on the town, before returning to her understandably irate boss.
Speaking about the process behind the video, Killers frontman Brandon Flowers said: “We always get a ton of treatments for videos where raunchiness and debauchery are at the forefront, regardless of what fire the song is stoking. We liked that Robert’s treatment was different and classy, and he pulled it off.”
Watch: The Killers – Shot At The Night
- Brandon Flowers Says New Solo Album Doesn’t Mean The End For The Killers
- That’s Beef: 11 Of The Lamest Feuds In Music
- The Killers Reveal ‘Christmas In LA’ Video Starring Owen Wilson
- The Killers Deliver ‘Old Man Jimmy (Is Soon To Die)’ For Kimmel’s Birthday
- The Killers’ Brandon Flowers: ‘Today’s Pop Music Is Retarded’
- The Killers Release New Single ‘Shot At The Night’ Produced By M83