Last month Music Feeds reported on Against Me! singer Tom Gabel’s desire to undergo a sex change and change his name to Laura Jane Grace. Gabel first made public his transgender nature during an interview with Rolling Stone in May.
Now the first interview of Gabel under his new idenity of Laura Jane Grace has been published online. In the interview Jane Grace opens up about her attempts to consciously lead life as a male but eventually realising the empowerment she could achieve by opening up about her transsexuality.
Jane Grace also discusses her thoughts on how to help her daughter understand the process of sex change and the incredible support she continues to receive from her wife Heather.
As for the future of her band, Against Me!, Jane Grace plans to continue on in her role of lead vocalist.
Watch: Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace first interview…
- Against Me! Singer Rips Apart Arcade Fire’s Defence Of ‘We Exist’ Clip
- Arcade Fire Respond To Against Me! Singer’s ‘We Exist’ Slam
- Against Me! Singer Likens Arcade Fire Video To Blackface
- Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace Stars In Own Reality Show
- Review: Against Me! – Transgender Dysphoria Blues
- LISTEN: Against Me! – ‘Transgender Dysphoria Blues’