It won’t be long now until Jack White is tearing up the stage at Splendour in the Grass 2012 and giving fans the chance to see songs from his blistering solo record Blunderbuss performed live. Ahead of his Splendour appearance and subsequent Australian sideshows, White has released a new music video for his latest single Freedom at 21.
As Music Feeds reported just a few days ago, when the teaser for Freedom at 21 was posted online, White teamed up with video director Hype Williams to help create a clip that is somewhat in the same vein as Outkast’s video for B.O.B. (Bombs Over Baghdad) and Quentin Tarantino’s Grindhouse film Death Proof.
The new clip depicts White as a renegade trying to outrun the clutches of a smoking hot police officer. White is eventually arrested and then thrown in the slammer with an equally attractive inmate, making incarceration look very inviting. White also wears a badass leather jacket with feathers on one shoulder, which, although would look ridiculous on a civilian, is totally rockstar.
Check it out.
Watch: Jack White – Freedom At 21
- #Jack White
- LISTEN: Jack White Covers Loretta Lynn’s Classic ‘Coal Miner’s Daughter’
- Mindless Self Indulgence To Jack White – “Just Admit You Ripped Us Off”
- April Fools Day 2013 Wrap – Five Of The Best Music-Related ‘Gags’
- Jack White Reveals The Saboteurs Working On New Music
- Jack White Named Record Store Day Ambassador