Queens Of The Stone Age have given fans the first taste of their forthcoming album Like Clockwork, debuting a new song at Lollapalooza in Brazil over the weekend.
And fortunately for fans on the other side of the globe, someone was kind enough to rip the video of it and whack it on YouTube. Thanks ‘jejjhander’.
My God Is The Sun is a pretty sick affair, with plenty of furious guitar, tight rhythms, and frontman Josh Homme’s signature vocals.
In fact, one part of the song sounds a bit like the sixth audio sample, which was unveiled on their website last week. So now, maybe we’ve got a bit more of an idea of what track that belongs to.
Queens Of The Stone Age revealed several details about their new album late last week, including random sound samples, the cover art and the title. It’s set for a release sometime in June. Dave Grohl, Elton John, Jake Sheers (Scissor Sisters) and Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys) are just some of the guests confirmed to appear on the record.
Earlier this week, the band confirmed that they are planning a world tour to promote Like Clockwork, with dates to be unveiled shortly. The band already have several festival dates lined up in Europe around the time of Like Clockwork’s release. Based on what we can gather, Australia should expect a visit late 2013 or early 2014.
Watch Queens Of The Stone Age’s debut performance of My God Is The Sun at Lollapalooza Brazil below:
- Watch QOTSA Reteam With Nick Oliveri, Play Classic Tunes For Halloween
- Queens Of The Stone Age And Nick Oliveri Will Reunite For One Show
- 9 Things Everyone’s Talking About After Reading & Leeds Festival 2014
- Josh Homme’s Awkward First Meeting With Arctic Monkeys Crushed Any “Cool-Guy BS”
- Josh Homme: “There’s A Lot Of New Queens Of The Stone Age Songs”
- Watch Josh Homme Play Brand-New Song, ‘Villains Of Circumstance’