Tom Waits has one of the most distinguishable voices around, oozing whisky and cigarettes in one of the most bassy tones that a human can make.
The singer/songwriter has maintained a healthy career through stacks of releases and even dipping his toes in acting (Think Book of Eli, the guy who charges Denzel’s batteries and pulls a shotgun on him, remember?) and was recently spotted on The Late Show with David Letterman.
The guest spot was booked back in April but was postponed to July for reasons unknown, though Waits made it last night with no issues. Before performing Chicago off his 2011 masterpiece Bad As Me backed by a full band, the musician had a chat with ol’ Dave, which shows just how nice and eccentric the 62-year-old now is. But hey, you don’t become Tom Waits by being like the rest of us!
Check out both videos below, embedded for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!
- Axl Rose Is Actually The Greatest Singer Of All Time, Says Chart
- Dave Grohl Performs On Stage With The Rolling Stones During World Tour
- Listen: Tom Waits And Keith Richards Collaboration ‘Shenandoah’
- Johnny Depp Recuits All-Star Lineup For Pirate-Themed Album
- The Decemberists To Appear On The Simpsons
- Tom Waits To Cameo On The Simpsons