Aussie funk rock veterans Skunkhour are still kicking, announcing a national headline tour for the tail end of 2023 to toast some brand new music.
Off the back of their fresh single, ‘Rain On Me’, the 90s survivors will hit the road this November and December, playing headline shows in Coogee, Adelaide, Fitzroy, Phillip Island, Brisbane and the Gold Coast, on top of a previously announced slot at the Airlie Beach Music Festival.
Skunkhour – ‘Rain On Me’
“While every tour is infused with excitement, this one carries a distinct energy,” lead vocalist Aya Larkin commented in a press statement. “We sense a momentum building, our first time playing a couple of iconic venues, which is invigorating.”
Skunkhour burst onto the scene in 1993 with their fusion of funk, rock, rap, and new wave. Their live show has recently been bolstered with the addition of a new drummer, Carlos Adura.
As for the setlist, fans can expect hits like ‘Up To Our Necks In It’, ‘Weightlessness’ and ‘Home’, as well as ‘Rain On Me’ and some other new tracks.
Dates And Venues
- Saturday, 4th November- Selina’s, Coogee NSW – tickets here
- Friday, 10th November- Airlie Beach Festival Of Music, QLD – tickets here
- Saturday, 25th November- The Gov, Adelaide, SA – tickets here
- Friday, 1st December – Night Cat, Fitzroy, VIC – tickets here
- Saturday, 2nd December – Westernport Hotel, Phillip Island, VIC – tickets here
- Friday, 15th December- Princess Theatre, Brisbane, QLD – tickets here
- Saturday, 16th December – Miami Marketta, QLD – tickets here