Melbourne singer, songwriter and producer, Matthew Kopp, has been releasing tracks under the Running Touch alias for more than half a decade. The project’s debut album, Carmine, is now available.
Since the project’s inception in the mid-2010s, Running Touch has become a mainstay of contemporary Australian electronic music. Running Touch guested on Hayden James‘ 2018 single, ‘Better Together,’ which won the APRA Award for Most Performed Dance Work of the Year. His 2019 single, ‘When I’m Around You,’ has racked up a quarter of a billion streams and gained ARIA Platinum accreditation.
The run up to Carmine has stretched out for two years. Kopp preceded the album with a slew of singles, including ‘Juno,’ ‘My Hands,’ ‘Signs,’ ‘Meet Me,’ ‘Why Do I,’ ‘Ceilings,’ and ‘Come With Me.’ In a statement, Kopp said he’s been chipping away at the album for a much longer time.
“In retrospect… a lot more than 3 years went into this album. 10 years of making music funnelled through one record.” Kopp continued, “Although this has taken 3 years to make it feels like the start! Things finally feel as though they’ve come together; I already can’t wait for the next chapter. Thank you to all, can’t wait to continue this ride together. I hope you enjoy Carmine.”
Running Touch will take Carmine on the road later this month. Find upcoming tour dates and stream Carmine below.
Running Touch ‘Carmine’ Australian Tour 2022
- Saturday, 21st May – The Forum, Melbourne
- Thursday, 26th May – Lion Arts Factory, Adelaide (New Show)
- Friday, 27th May – Kambri ANU, Canberra
- Saturday, 28th May – Cambridge Hotel, Newcastle
- Friday, 3rd June – The Tivoli, Brisbane
- Sunday, 5th June – Astor Theatre, Perth
- Saturday, 11th June – Unibar, Hobart
- Friday, 17th June – Enmore Theatre, Sydney