Powderfinger are continuing the Odyssey Number Five 20th anniversary celebrations this week, inviting fans to put their knowledge to the test with an official Powderfinger quiz!
It’s happening next Thursday, 3rd September from 7.30pm AEST live on their social channels, with the band teasing some big prizes on offer for those who know their Finger history.
“Yes, there will be prizes up for grabs,” Bernard Fanning & co write. “No, you do not need to change out of your trackie dacks for a whole lot of family-friendly, stay at home fun. Make a night of it by teaming up with family, housemates or friends!”
Curated by the band themselves, The Official Powderfinger Quiz is a collab with trivia gurus Quiz Meisters.
“We have partnered with Quiz Meisters to look back on the band’s history and see what you guys (the fans) really know,” Powderfinger’s statement continues.
You can pre-register your team now, stay tuned to the band’s social channels for extra tips, and catch all the instructions on how to get involved listed below.
It comes after Powderfinger got back together for a special one-off virtual reunion concert & announced plans to honour 20 years of their seminal LP Odyssey Number Five with a deluxe LP release, new merch & a bunch of new tracks.
The Official Powderfinger Quiz – How To Play
- Register your team in advance here. Who knows, maybe we’ll email you a clue or two in the lead-up.
- Make sure to “attend” the Facebook event because the Quiz Meisters hosts will be going live directly in this event. That’s Thursday, September 3 at 7:30pm in QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC and TAS, 7:00pm in SA and the NT, and 5:30pm in WA.
- If you want to play this quiz alone or with the people you’re with, use a computer or TV to stream the quiz and a second device to answer the questions.
- If you want to play this quiz with other people virtually, we’d recommend streaming the show on your TV if you can and using a computer to Zoom, Skype, Facetime, Discord, Facebook video chat, A group phone call, or some other communication system to chat with the rest of your quarantine team!
- Only one player per team needs the digital answer sheet in front of them, so pick the person who’s best at spelling! The rest of you will only need the live stream and your team chat open. Simple as that!
- Then, all you need to do is check your emails for the digital answer sheet and head to the Facebook event on Thursday, September 3 at 7.30pm AEST to play and hopefully WIN the quiz!