Making an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois last Friday, following a show in Atlanta, Prince’s rep at the time said the musician was suffering a bad from a bad bout of the flu. However, TMZ claim Prince was given a “save shot” while in hospital, possibly referring to Naloxone, a medication used for the emergency treatment of known or suspected opioid overdose.
Doctors reportedly also advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours, but he declined, deciding to return home instead just three hours later.
Prince was found unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park home on Thursday, and soon after pronounced dead. He was 57 years old.
With no cause of death yet released and the autopsy scheduled for Friday, stay tuned for more developments on this tragic loss to music.