Following on from teasing the upcoming release of The White Album – the fourth entry in their series of colour albums – Weezer have posted a series of pre-order bundles to their website. And while most of the packages just come with the usual selection of merch and paraphernalia, the most expensive option on the list comes bundled with a trip to the Galapagos islands alongside frontman Rivers Cuomo.
We shit you not… mind you, we can’t say the same about the band.
Just take a look at what the $25,000 package includes:
– Take a Greyhound to the Galapagos with Rivers where you’ll stay only for a limited time
– Once you get to the islands, you’ll go bird watching to try and find the elusive White-cheeked pintail
– You’ll go on a catamaran ride to Charles Darwin Research Station
– Sing “the British are coming” with Rivers in the Galapagos but replace every lyric about “old king george” to “lonesome george”
– Enjoy your complimentary signed copy of the album and a pair of tickets to see the band on their summer tour with Panic! At The Disco
– Finally, you will be named King of the World for a day
So yeah, it kind of looks like they’re taking the piss, with the fine print also explaining that “you have to pay for Rivers on top of paying the band $25,000.”
Still the prospect of getting to spend some time with Rivers “On An Island In The Sun” might be enough to convince some to go ahead and break the bank. If you are so tempted however, it bears remembering Rivers is a happily married man so some island romance is unlikely (unless you’re a filthy homewrecker of course).
Anyway you can pre-order the album here, with the more reasonable bundles going for between $9.99 to $64.99.
Watch: Weezer – Island In The Sun