As is weird as it is for me to think that it was 10 years ago, on my 12th birthday, that I was given one of my first-ever albums, the then fresh and groundbreaking Sticks and Stones, imagine the energy in the NGF camp knowing that it’s been 15 years since their first-ever live performance.
And what better time for the anniversary to take place. With the wake still settling from their most recent release Radiosurgery, the band is currently smashing out their unique brand of pop punk on the summer-long party that is Vans Warped Tour. It’s not uncommon these days for punk bands to live long and successful careers, just look at Blink 182, Taking Back Sunday, Millencolin…the list goes on. What’s great about these type of bands, including NFG, is that they consistently repay their loyal and life-long fans with dynamic, and consistently great material. While Sticks and Stones was dropped 10 years ago, that is merely one of a cornucopia of releases from the band that we’ve seen over the years, including Catalyst (2004), Coming Home (2006) and Not Without a Fight (2009).
The band has a huge presence in Australia after gigging hard Down Under, most recently with Taking Back Sunday and, of course, frequenting Soundwave. Be sure to keep an eye out for the new clip from the band, currently in production, as well as any other offerings they might have. You can be sure to expect a movie now that they are close to the big Two Zero. But the important thing, keep showing love! This band have been around this long because they are amazing; we don’t want to lose them.
Check out the poster for their first-ever show, where they performed under their original name ‘A New Found Glory’. Tix $5!
- We Spoke To The Aussie Guy Behind That Epic Pop-Punk Proposal
- Watch Sleeping With Sirens, New Found Glory, In Hearts Wake & More Help A “Pop-Punk Proposal”
- New Found Glory Accuse One Direction Of Stealing Their Riff
- New Details Emerge In Ex-New Found Glory Guitarist Online Underage Sex Case
- New Found Glory And Steve Klein’s Lawyer Comment On Sex Crime Charges
- Ex-New Found Glory Guitarist Arraigned On Child Porn, Lewd Conduct Felonies