Will Ferrell caused a stir on Channel Ten’s The Project last night, giving Prime Minister Julia Gillard the chuckles after a few unexpected questions.
Ferrell, who is in the country to promote his political comedy The Campaign, ducked into the team’s interview with Gillard as they were discussing the latest polls, quickly shifting the attention elsewhere.
After uttering “Hi, it’s Will”, Farrell pitched some haircare questions to Gillard as her partner Tim Mathieson is an ex-hairdresser.
“I suffer from horrible split ends, would you have any advice for me because this hair’s terrible, it’s like horse hair and I’m at my wits end,” he said.
Ms Gillard advised Ferrell to “get yourself to a hairdresser straight away”, and to “spend buckets and buckets of money on salon treatments”.
“You need to buy everything that they recommend for you to take home,” she added.
Later in the show, when asked if he could give advice to Ms Gillard on getting the edge at the next Federal Election, Ferrell had this suggestion:
“She should just research any sort of superficial fact about the opponent and just hammer away without any sort of conscience whatsoever,” he said. “Because in the end it really won’t matter.”
Watch the full interview below, which also included a bit of trash talk with Australian basketball star Patty Mills.
- Chad Smith Teases Will Ferrell Drum-Off Sequel For This Month
- Lars Ulrich Accepts Will Ferrell And Chad Smith’s Drum Battle Challenge
- Will Ferrell & Chad Smith Set Sights On Lars Ulrich For Next Drum-Off
- Watch Will Ferrell And Chad Smith Drum Off On ‘The Tonight Show’
- Chad Smith To Most Likely Destroy Will Ferrell In Drum-Off Next Week
- Will Ferrell Accepts Chili Pepper Chad Smith’s “Drum Vs Cowbell Showdown”