Baz Luhrmann had to wrap up filming on The Great Gatsby a day early after hitting his head on a camera crane and splitting his head open. The wound, which required three stitches, has come as a kind of Christmas blessing for the cast and crew, who all got an extra day of holidays because of it. Lurhmann soon received medical attention and is fine.
The film’s co-producer Anton Monsted told reporters that the incident occurred when “we were on quite a cramped set and he was ducking under the crane. He struck his head on the weights on the end of the camera crane. He split open his head and we had to get the doctor.”
The film is set to debut on Christmas day 2012, and will feature Leonardo DiCaprio in the lead role alongside Tobey Maguire playing the role of Nick Carraway and Carey Mulligan playing Daisy Buchanan, while Aussies Joel Edgerton and Isla Fisher also feature.
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack Available To Stream In Full
- Amy Winehouse’s Father Disapproves Of Beyoncé & André 3000′s ‘Back To Black’ Cover
- LISTEN: The xx New Track ‘Together’ From ‘The Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack
- LISTEN: Lana Del Rey Streams Complete ‘Young & Beautiful’ From ‘The Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack
- Florence + The Machine Stream ‘Only The Love’ From ‘The Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack
- Listen: The Great Gatsby Official Soundtrack Sample: Gotye, The xx, Sia + More