Today triple M’s Nui Te Koha declared that (wait for it…) The Red Hot Chili Peppers will be headlining Big Day Out 2013.
This isn’t such a shock, though, for people who have been paying attention, what with the band themselves confirming that they’ll be in town next year. Though it’s great news nonetheless.
Nui is adamant about the idea, stating, “Let’s put this in the bank right now – Red Hot Chili Peppers 2013. They WILL headline the Big Day Out”, though the last prediction he had regarding Prince’s after party totally flopped. You can hear the whole thing for yourself right here .
Update: Chad Smith Confirms Red Hot Chili Peppers will headline 2013
— Chad Smith (@RHCPchad) July 14, 2012
C3 Presents, who purchased 50% of the company behind BDO last year, have also booked the Peppers for Lollapalooza in August, so it seems like the stars are aligning.
Should the rumorus be true, then it begs the question of sideshows as well, but it’s looking like there are great days ahead for fans of the Chili Wilis.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Denounce CIA’s Use Of Their Music For Torture
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Used By CIA To Torture Prisoner
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Say New Music Out In September
- Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Super Bowl Nipples Receive Complaints
- Will Ferrell Accepts Chili Pepper Chad Smith’s “Drum Vs Cowbell Showdown”