Unfortunately for Aussie fans of the pop punk giants Blink 182, the band has been blowing off the usual setlist during shows in the UK and performing some rarely heard live acoustic renditions of Blink classics.
The band performed Wasting Time off the groundbreaking album Cheshire Cat for the first time in 15 years. The song was caught on film by a member of the crowd present at the Manchester, UK gig. It’s a tad shaky but still awesome. You can check out the clip here:
That was followed by a similar live re-do of All of This, which can be found off the band’s self-titled album featuring Robert Smith of the cure. This particular track had only been played once before – if that, according to Guitarist Tom Delonge, take a peek at how it turned out:
Now, at the risk of giving Aussie fans false hope, a recent tweet from Soundwave top dog, Maddah suggests that we might be in for a tour of our own…
@JessLittlej91 No idea as of yet. Going to catch up with them in around 10 days’ time.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) June 15, 2012
I can safely say I will pay whatever they charge to see the band that soundtracked my entire teenage years.
- Tom DeLonge Announces Blink-182 Demos LP ‘To The Stars’
- Tom DeLonge Is Releasing Blink-182 Demos And “Extra Tracks” On March 1st
- Tom DeLonge Says He’s In Danger Because Aliens, Sounds Like A Legit Crazy Person
- 7 Reasons Your Teenage Years Would Have Sucked Without Blink-182
- Is Tom DeLonge Leaking Unreleased Blink-182 Music?
- Blink-182 Considered Ditching Travis Barker After Soundwave No-Show