Unfortunately for Aussie fans of the pop punk giants Blink 182, the band has been blowing off the usual setlist during shows in the UK and performing some rarely heard live acoustic renditions of Blink classics.
The band performed Wasting Time off the groundbreaking album Cheshire Cat for the first time in 15 years. The song was caught on film by a member of the crowd present at the Manchester, UK gig. It’s a tad shaky but still awesome. You can check out the clip here:
That was followed by a similar live re-do of All of This, which can be found off the band’s self-titled album featuring Robert Smith of the cure. This particular track had only been played once before – if that, according to Guitarist Tom Delonge, take a peek at how it turned out:
Now, at the risk of giving Aussie fans false hope, a recent tweet from Soundwave top dog, Maddah suggests that we might be in for a tour of our own…
@JessLittlej91 No idea as of yet. Going to catch up with them in around 10 days’ time.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) June 15, 2012
I can safely say I will pay whatever they charge to see the band that soundtracked my entire teenage years.
- Tom DeLonge Has Two Angels And Airwaves Records, Two Solo LPs & A Shitload Of Books To Release In 2015
- This Is What Blink-182 Sounds Like Without Tom DeLonge
- Tom DeLonge Is Releasing Four Albums This Year
- This Is What Blink-182 Look Like, Now All The Fighting Has Stopped
- A New Tom DeLonge Track ‘New World’ Has Landed
- Travis Barker Thinks Tom DeLonge Should “Man Up And Quit” Blink-182