Unfortunately for Aussie fans of the pop punk giants Blink 182, the band has been blowing off the usual setlist during shows in the UK and performing some rarely heard live acoustic renditions of Blink classics.
The band performed Wasting Time off the groundbreaking album Cheshire Cat for the first time in 15 years. The song was caught on film by a member of the crowd present at the Manchester, UK gig. It’s a tad shaky but still awesome. You can check out the clip here:
That was followed by a similar live re-do of All of This, which can be found off the band’s self-titled album featuring Robert Smith of the cure. This particular track had only been played once before – if that, according to Guitarist Tom Delonge, take a peek at how it turned out:
Now, at the risk of giving Aussie fans false hope, a recent tweet from Soundwave top dog, Maddah suggests that we might be in for a tour of our own…
@JessLittlej91 No idea as of yet. Going to catch up with them in around 10 days’ time.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) June 15, 2012
I can safely say I will pay whatever they charge to see the band that soundtracked my entire teenage years.
- Travis Barker Says Blink-182 Have To “Get Their Shit Together” Before Recording
- Blink 182 Recording Demos For New Album
- Blink-182′s Travis Barker Is Writing A Memoir
- Blink-182′s Travis Barker Teases Limp Bizkit, Scroobius Pip And Nine Inch Nails Collaboration
- Blink-182: ‘The Goal Is To Have An Album Out By Reading-Leeds’