Childish Gambino has announced his first ever Australian headlining gigs to take place in January 2013. While in the country for the Big Day Out, Gambino, real name Donald Glover, will play sideshows in Sydney and Melbourne.
Glover is probably best known in Australia for playing the character of Troy ‘T-Bone’ Barnes from the killer comedy series Community. However, his musical alter-ego Childish Gambino is a growing global force to be reckoned with.
Gambino’s rising notoriety is none too surprising given lyrics such as: ‘Fly girl on her knees / she don’t wanna come near me / my dick is too big / there’s a big band theory’.
Earlier in the year Gambino released a free mixtape titled R O Y A L T Y. Slowly leaking songs in the lead-up to its release, R O Y A L T Y contains collaborations with Beck (Silk Pillow), RZA and Ghostface Killah to name only a few.
All signs point to an amazing show from Childish Gambino. Be sure not to miss out. Tickets On Sale 9am Thursday, November 22
Childish Gambino – Big Day Out Sideshows – Australian Tour Dates
Wednesday, 16th January
The Standard, Sydney
Wednesday, 23rd January 23
The Hi-Fi, Melbourne
Watch: Childish Gambino – Freaks and Geeks
- Childish Gambino’s New Video Has A Twist You Won’t See Coming
- Reddit Has Uncovered Childish Gambino’s ’3005 Part 2′ Secret Track
- Hear Childish Gambino’s New Mixtape ‘STN MTN’
- Don’t Hold Your Breath For That Childish Gambino & Chance The Rapper EP
- Childish Gambino: “New Mixtape Is A Nice In-Between For The Next Album”
- Childish Gambino Streams Smooth New R&B Jam ‘Sober’