EDM juggernaut Deadmau5 has submitted to fans what will be the first of many up-and-coming EP releases. Titled The Veldt, the release is an audio tribute to recently departed sci-fi writer Ray Bradbury.
The producer has pulled all stops with this release. Rather than flooding the market with a series of sub-par EPs, Deadmau5 has chosen both quality AND quantity. Throughout The Veldt, the name Chris James appears on a handful of tracks. The name may not ring a bell, and for good reason: James was originally just a fan of Deadmau5 who was brought to his attention after uploading a version of title track and instrumental tune The Veldt with his own lyrics over the top.
Needless to say, Deadmau5 was flawed by the talent, tagging James to feature on the EP. Also featured are hip hop legends Cypress Hill, showcasing his ability to transcend genres as he defines them. The Veldt is a perfect preview for what we can expect in the series of EPs the producer has announced. The release will officially be ready to rock June 25, though you can listen to it right here.
Stream: Deadmau5 – The Veldt EP
- 2014′s Best April Fool’s Jokes
- Disney Investigating Deadmau5 Trademark Registration
- Deadmau5 Trolls Avicii & Martin Garrix Onstage At Ultra Music Festival
- Deadmau5 To Play Ultra Music Festival After Avicii Is Hospitalised
- Future Music Festival 2014 – RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane 01/03/014