Its only April but the massive success Soundwave saw in 2012 means punters are already hanging out for some 2013 lineup secrets. Soundwave boss, AJ Maddah, has already copped a barrage of Twitter questions about the 2013 lineup, and as usual he’s happy to let the fans know where things are at.
So far it looks like American deathcore band Chelsea Grin are looking highly likely for next year’s festival after Maddah described the chances of their appearance as “very good odds I reckon!”
@JeddahYDG very good odds I reckon!
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) April 16, 2012
While Big Day Out had one of its worst years in history in 2012, Soundwave saw record crowd numbers during a period that other promoters described as “a bad festival climate.” Soundwave has a massive social media presence and they engage with their fans constantly, providing regular updates and relaying information to fans directly as it comes in. They also run their own record label, 3 Wise Records, which supports a number of bands from grass roots and beyond. These are just some of the reasons the festival saw such success in 2012, and why it will be again in 2013.
- Blink-182 Considered Ditching Travis Barker After Soundwave No-Show
- Sleeping With Sirens Part Ways With Guitarist Jesse Lawson
- Sylosis Members Hospitalised Following RV Crash, Cancel Remaining Shows
- Bring Me The Horizon Release Music Video For New Single ‘Can You Feel My Heart’
- Sharks Abruptly Announce Their Break-Up, Effective Immediately
- Dave Lombardo No Longer Focusing On Slayer