American rockers the Foo Fighters have brought the famous Reading Festival to a close on the weekend. Smashing through an all-hits setlist, Dave Ghrol and the crew dedicated tracks to Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic as they drove the crowd insane. Early in the set, Ghrol addressed the enormous crowd, stating: “Well, well, well. The fucking Reading festival. You guys realise we’ve got a lot of songs to play. It’s the last show of the tour and it’s the last show for a long time.” The Foo Fighters toured Australia in December and received extremely positive reviews.
NME reports that the frontman also acknowledged the 20th anniversary of Nirvana’s historic set, with Ghrol announcing: “In 1992 when Nirvana played here, the last show we ever played in England, you sang happy birthday to my mom. Here’s your chance”. To which the crowd began singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Ghrol’s mother. Ghrol dedicated These Days to Cobain, confessing: “I’d like to dedicate this song to a couple of people who couldn’t be here tonight. This one’s for Krist and this one’s for Kurt”.
However long it may be before the Foo Fighters return, it will be eagerly anticipated, with many holding out for a follow-up to their garage-produced album Wasting Light. To get a taste of the madness that was the band’s set, BBC 3 footage is available below for the band’s track All My Life.
Foo Fighters – Reading 2012 Setlist
‘All My Life’
‘Learn To Fly’
‘Cold Day In The Sun’
‘I’ll Stick Around’
‘Hey Johnny Park!’
‘Alone + Easy Target’
‘This Is A Call’
‘In The Flesh’
‘Best Of You’
‘Times Like These’
‘For All The Cows’
- Foo Fighters Are Helping A Sick Aussie Fan Achieve His Bucket List Wish
- Foo Fighters Might Bring A New Sonic Highways Series To Australia
- Watch Fear Factory’s Dino Cazares Jam With Exodus At Sydney’s Frankie’s Pizza
- Watch Dave Grohl Cover His Old Band With Rise Against In Adelaide
- Foo Fighters Promoter Responds To AJ Maddah’s Adelaide Comments
- AJ Maddah Deflates Foo Fighters’ Adelaide Chest-Puff