Punters have been patient and well-behaved in the lead up to the Harvest Festival 2013 lineup announcement, but there is potentially one more thing standing between us and the official bill as top dog AJ Maddah has tweeted that the planned lineup announcement tomorrow may have hit hit a snag.
For the Sydney event this year, the festival will be breaking in a new location. That’s right, no more Parramatta Park. But it seems that the New South Wales government has also has their eye on this new location and plans to develop it into a footy oval.
The Sydney venue has not been confirmed, though FFA boss David Gallop has recently called for the NSW Government to developing a new home ground for the increasingly popular Western Sydney Wanderers. It’s possible that this may be the cause of the clash of interests.
This has been one of the least leaky run-ups to festival lineup announcement in recent memory, with only one band – “>Neutral Milk Hotel – so far being confirmed for Harvest and, at this point, not even the venues are public knowledge.
Remain patient and well-behaved – whenever the lineup drops, it’s sure to be worth it.
@mikemelbourne hopefully. Last minute snafu w NSW Gov deciding to turn new venue into a footy oval which we're working on…
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) June 26, 2013
- Music Feeds LIVE: Franz Ferdinand Streaming This Wednesday
- Eels And Volcano Choir Headline Tours In 2014, Says AJ Maddah
- Harvest 2013 Replacement Tour For Desaparecidos Looks Unlikely
- Franz Ferdinand Announce Harvest 2013 Replacement Shows
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club Announce Harvest 2013 Replacement Shows
- Harvest 2013 Replacement Shows Announced This Thursday