While in town for Splendour in the Grass, Chicago’s Hypnotic Brass Ensemble will be making an appearance at Sydney’s Oxford Arts Factory on Sunday, July 29.
The ensemble, made up of 8 brothers from Chicago’s infamous South Side area, first played our shores for Harvest Festival in 2011 and brought with them an uplifting, exhilarating, infectious live performance that left punters wanting more.
Infusing smooth jazz, hip hop and soul, the brothers learned their way around instruments from as young as three years old, their father playing a key role in this.
From sidewalks and subways, to working with artists such as Mos Def and Gorillaz, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble have come a long way and have reinvented the brass band in the process, giving the concept new meaning in 2012.
Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
Sunday July 29th – Oxford Arts Factory, Sydney
Tickets available @ lovepolice.com.au/tours & moshtix.com.au
Supported by Saskwatch
- Splendour In The Grass Review: Azealia Banks
- The Smashing Pumpkins Bring Splendour To A Dazzling End
- Splendour In The Grass Review: Fun.
- 360 Tells Fans: “Don’t Fight The Haters”
- Azealia Banks “Super Sorry” For The Short Set At Splendour