One of the biggest voices in music met with one the world’s biggest egos when Kanye West invited Charlie Wilson to collaborate on Bound 2 from this year’s Yeezus. Wilson has now revealed that West will be manning the boards for Wilson’s upcoming new album.
The pair have been making the rounds live, with a stellar performance of Bound 2 on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, accompanied by The Roots and a children’s choir (see below), and a recent performance on Later… with Jools Holland. In an interview with MTV, Wilson revealed that they’ve taken their collaboration back into the studio, saying:
“Kanye and myself, we started already. Kanye is starting on a new record for me. Kanye is one of the greatest rapper/producers that we have. He’s a little controversial, yeah, but he’s still a genius at that in the studio.”
Wilson has stated that Pharrell Williams and Justin Timberlake will also make appearances on the new record. The 60-year-old singer, who has one of the most acclaimed voices in soul and R&B, first worked with the notoriously egocentric producer on the latter’s 2010 album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Their collaboration on Yeezus was cited by many critics as the highlight of the album.
(Via The 405)
Watch: Kanye West Feat. The Roots & Charlie Wilson – Bound 2
- Kanye And DJ Mano Just Split Up, Painful Video May Explain Why
- New Kanye West Song ‘All Day’ Leaks
- Unreleased Kanye West Music Video Clip Surfaces Online
- Kanye West Readies First Single Ahead Of New LP’s Likely Spring Release
- Watch 19-Year-Old Kanye Rap About Alanis Morissette
- Glass Animals Stream Their Reworked Kanye Cover