ARIA Award winner Kimbra and Silverchair frontman Daniel Johns will be onstage as part of American composer Van Dyke Parks’ exclusive retrospective performance at Adelaide Festival. Kimbra and Johns will perform separately and as a duet along with Parks, playing songs that span his 50-year career.
“They [the songs] represent my 50-year span in music, as a skeptical enthusiast who’s reflected on America’s foibles and triumphs, in war and peace. Much of it is seen through a glass darkly, but with the illumination of some admittedly stunning orchestration. Think Roots music, gussied up for the Tux set,” stated Parks in a press release.
Parks has collaborated with Johns in the past, working together on the last two Silverchair albums. In regards to Kimbra, Parks states that he is looking forward to performing with the pop singer.
“Kimbra is as cool as a white-hot recording artist can be … I’m blown away by her carving out some precious time to celebrate my body of work at Adelaide Festival.”
The performance will also be accompanied by the Adelaide Art Orchestra. The Orchestra will be directed by Tim Sexton and will begin the evening by bringing to life orchestral arrangements created by Parks.
- Daniel Johns Leads APRA Music Awards Live Lineup
- Vivid LIVE 2015 Lineup Announced
- Daniel Johns Reveals Final ‘Aerial Love’ EP Track, ‘Late Night Drive’
- Daniel Johns On Whether He’ll Ever Return To The Silverchair Sound
- Hear Daniel Johns’ New Song, ‘Preach’
- Daniel Johns Explains The Gap Between Silverchair And His Solo EP