Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe has shared his joy at returning to his homeland by posting a picture with a devoted fan on his Instagram account overnight.
Blythe was locked up in a Czech Republic jail for almost a month after local authorities detained him back in July – accusing him of having a role in the death of a fan at a Lamb of God show in Prague in 2010.
The American singer posted a picture of himself with a fan, Lia, who travelled to New York City airport to welcome Blythe home after his ordeal in the Czech Republic.
“I apologize for my absence. I had an unexpectedly lengthy layover in the Czech Republic. This lovely young woman named Lia came to the NYC airport just to say ‘Randy, I’m glad you’re home.’ WHAT A SWEETHEART! Her boyfriend Gary had to work so we called him on his cell. WE HAVE AWESOME FANS! How rad to be greeted by one for my layover in NYC- soon I’ll be home in RVA (Virginia) – thanks for your good thoughts & prayers- I’ll release a statement soon. Yee-haw and God bless the U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!”
Top stuff from Lia for making the effort to see Randy, and top stuff from Randy for letting the fans know how much he loves them (and sharing their efforts with the world).
Despite being granted release, Loudwire reports Blythe is intending to returning to the Czech Republic in the near future so he can have the opportunity to clear his name in the local courts.
- Lamb Of God’s Randy Blythe Wants You To Know He Just Burnt His Dick
- Lamb Of God, Meshuggah – Festival Hall, Melbourne 22/09/13
- Lamb Of God Facing Ban From Malaysia For Being ‘Satanic’
- Lamb Of God Frontman Randy Blythe Releases Film About Manslaughter Trial
- Lamb Of God’s Randy Blythe To Release Manslaughter Trial Memoir
- Lamb of God And Meshuggah Announce Australian Tour, September 2013